Web Application Testing for Windows 7 and IE8‏ RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I currently conducting application compatibility testing for Windows 7. I managed to extract information for our applications using ACT v5.5 but not for web applications.

Would like to find out if there is anyway to roll out the testing to the enterprise instead of using IECTT to conduct the testing alone.

Any advice?
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:02 AM

Answers

• As far As I understand,

Looks like you want to test compatibility of a web application. However, as you should also agree that a web application is not something that’s running in the client system. It’s the IE which is running/hosting the web app. So, truly speaking, Windows client cannot judge the compatibility of a web application.

So, you need to have some tool that checks the compatibility in the context of the IE. And IECTT is the one provided for the exact purpose. So, in other words, you need to use IECTT, available as part of ACT 5.5 for the compatibility of web app.

You can however go for a even bigger and complex validation process for the web application by checking with the Windows Server 2008 Logo program. Server logo program and its tools are suitable for server based products including web app. You may like to learn more about preparing to earn the "Certified for Windows Server 2008 R2" Logo.

• Proposed as answer by Jobin Joshua Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jobin Joshua Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:28 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:50 PM