Change look or format of Digital Signature block? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a new requirement to use the MS signatures by end of year. We know how and when, but we need help trying to "edit" or change the look and feel, so that it meets requirements of other agencies. 

Two issues:

1) can we remove the X character at left side of line (our version has the format option greyed-out), and we do not use tablets for signatures and,

2) Is there a way to insert 3 lines of info below the signature as some businesses need that third line?

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 3:59 PM

Answers

• The Outlook signature block is fully customizable - you can have it set to show or say anything you wish.  This is a client-side setting.

If you are talking about adding signature blocks at the server (using a transport rule), you can make these say many things, as well - you can also have empty lines in the text if required.

Now, that being said, where are you seeing the X character you are worried about?  What signature are you attempting to modify?  Is this in Outlook? The OWA client? I ask because I don't see what you are mentioning in either.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 4:19 PM

All replies

• The Outlook signature block is fully customizable - you can have it set to show or say anything you wish.  This is a client-side setting.

If you are talking about adding signature blocks at the server (using a transport rule), you can make these say many things, as well - you can also have empty lines in the text if required.

Now, that being said, where are you seeing the X character you are worried about?  What signature are you attempting to modify?  Is this in Outlook? The OWA client? I ask because I don't see what you are mentioning in either.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 4:19 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I am still not quite sure about your requirement. Could you please provide more information about it, such as:

1. What’s your Exchange version?

2. What’s your Signature information, just Text, HTML or Images?

3. Is it set for specific users or configured for all Exchange users in Organization-wide?

If you want to add a signature to the top or bottom of all email messages that enter or leave your organization, we can use the Transport rule in Exchange server to achieve it:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124352(v=exchg.141).aspx

Organization-wide disclaimers, signatures, footers, or headers

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn600437(v=exchg.150).aspx

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 11:47 AM
  • Hi Jerry,

Any updates?

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support