none
Websites V2 Change Default php.ini

Question

• I am running the Windows Azure Pack Websites V2 and this pertains to my shared and reserved web worker roles.

I am looking to change some of the configuration for php (the php.ini) file that is created by default for hosted websites. I have tried changing the php.ini file on the web workers (C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.3\php.ini), as well as the one it says it loads for the php configuration (C:\inetpub\temp\DWASFiles\Sites\<sitename>\Config\PHP-5.3.28\php.ini). The settings that I change are never reflected when I check phpinfo. I have tried this with PHP 5.3, 5.4, and 5.5.

I need to change the SMTP server info because we don't run SMTP on all of our web workers. We have a centralized SMTP server for all outbound connections and I need to setup PHP to use that server for PHP mail. I also have some libraries that I want to enable by default for PHP (Ioncube Loaders, etc.), but I need to change the php.ini file to have it load them.

Is it possible to change the default php.ini file that is loaded for each site? If so, how can this be done?

Friday, September 5, 2014 10:14 PM

Answers

All replies