none
In Windows10, Mail accounts lost after KB4580980 KB4580980 RRS feed

• Question

• Recently on a Lenovo Laptop the updates KB4580980 KB4580980 were installed.  It was immediately obvious that all email accounts were lost except for the primarily (gmail) account.  MAIL is the mail client used on this machine rather than OUTLOOK.  MAIL version is 16005.13110.41006.0

Assuming that this was a glitch, I used system restore to being the system back to the pre-update state.  All email accounts reappeared. Next, I let system update install the two noted updates again and the email accounts disappeared again.

As a test, I tried to recreate one of the missing email accounts.  Attempting to add the subject accounts resulted in "marching periods" after the account was selected.  The install would not proceed past this point.

At this point, I am out of ideas.  I do not want to roll back again and lock out the offending updates.  I also can not do without the missing Hotmail accounts.

Thoughts?  How should I proceed?  Have I stumbled on to a know problem not revealed in a Google search?

• Edited by Bill W_1 Friday, November 13, 2020 11:32 PM added info
    Friday, November 13, 2020 10:26 PM

Answers

• This is a forum strictly related to SysInternals Tools questions.

Microsoft has moved all the old version of the forums to a new site called "Microsoft Q&A": Microsoft Q&A supported products | Microsoft Docs

Please visit that site and post your question to the rigth forum.

Thanks for your cooperation!

HTH
    -mario

• Marked as answer by Bill W_1 Sunday, November 15, 2020 2:54 PM
    Sunday, November 15, 2020 8:59 AM