Moving CMS store from lync 2010 to SfB 2015 RRS feed

Answers

• Moving the CMS isn't too rough and there won't be any user impact (other than you need to rerun the deployment wizard and bounce the servers when complete). As long as you have a backup as noted in that article, you'll be fine.  Nothing to worry about.

I like to follow these steps, they're 2010 to 2013, but they apply for 2010 to Sfb 2015

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj688013%28v=ocs.15%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Edited by Anthony CaragolMVP Monday, April 16, 2018 4:30 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, April 17, 2018 2:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by BensonL Tuesday, May 22, 2018 6:15 AM
    Monday, April 16, 2018 4:30 PM

All replies

• Moving the CMS isn't too rough and there won't be any user impact (other than you need to rerun the deployment wizard and bounce the servers when complete). As long as you have a backup as noted in that article, you'll be fine.  Nothing to worry about.

I like to follow these steps, they're 2010 to 2013, but they apply for 2010 to Sfb 2015

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj688013%28v=ocs.15%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Edited by Anthony CaragolMVP Monday, April 16, 2018 4:30 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, April 17, 2018 2:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by BensonL Tuesday, May 22, 2018 6:15 AM
    Monday, April 16, 2018 4:30 PM
  • Hi,

Agree with Anthony.

You can refer to the document provided by Anthony, another tip for you, when moving CMS, please try to schedule your downtime to do it. After the migration, please try to run the command “Get- CsManagementStoreReplicationStatus” check CMS replication status.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, April 17, 2018 10:30 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 3:08 AM
  • Are there any update about this issue?

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, April 20, 2018 9:47 AM
    Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:02 AM
  • If the reply is helpful to you, please mark it as an answer.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 9:04 AM
  • Hi I have successfully move CMS over without any issue. Thank you.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2018 6:16 AM