Windows Server2016 KMS Server / VAMT "Indicates two revision levels are incompatible" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have troubles enabling the VAMT Services / KMS Server Role on Windows Server 2016.

I choose KMS Server and successfulle installed the KMS Host Key.

slmgr /dlv shows me:

Activated and VOLUME_KMS_WS16 channel

But When i start the KMS Konsole i'll be stuck in the Configuration Wizard which never finishes.
    I can choose whatever i want at the end of the Wizard I'll get this error message:

"Indicates two revision levels are incompatible"

I dont' know where to Troubleshoot further.

Anyone knows more about that?

Note: There was an old (Win2012R2)server with the same name on Network before which made the KMS Activation which is now offline.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 5:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Looks like you are not alone with the issue.

Unable to configure new Server 2016 KMS host                                 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/80a7c792-0df5-42b4-9943-47f16b705e5a/unable-to-configure-new-server-2016-kms-host?forum=ws2016

Similar issue with installing Office Keys discussed below, you could check the workaround here:

VAMT Indicates two revision levels are incompatible

http://serverfault.com/questions/830232/vamt-indicates-two-revision-levels-are-incompatible

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by lord_discord Wednesday, March 8, 2017 6:14 PM
    Wednesday, March 1, 2017 8:06 AM
  • The VAMT Service works now for me.
    I think the GUI is just broken or absent in Server 2016.

I could also install the office KMS extensions via CLI.
    The OS Activation (Win7/Win10/Server2012/Server2016) worked with the Server 2016 HOST Key.
    No need for separate OS-KMS Key installations.

"slmgr.vsb /dlv all" Gives good information.

From Client side i could verfiy that activation services are working!

However the GUI never starts like 2012/2008 - i alwas get the wizard and the Ugly Error.

• Marked as answer by lord_discord Wednesday, March 8, 2017 6:13 PM
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 6:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Looks like you are not alone with the issue.

Unable to configure new Server 2016 KMS host                                 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/80a7c792-0df5-42b4-9943-47f16b705e5a/unable-to-configure-new-server-2016-kms-host?forum=ws2016

Similar issue with installing Office Keys discussed below, you could check the workaround here:

VAMT Indicates two revision levels are incompatible

http://serverfault.com/questions/830232/vamt-indicates-two-revision-levels-are-incompatible

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by lord_discord Wednesday, March 8, 2017 6:14 PM
    Wednesday, March 1, 2017 8:06 AM
  • Hi!

Thanks for reply.

When i start the kms_host.vbs the VAMT Wizard starts again and fails at the same level.

I also tried (without Success) to

-remove VAMT Role
    -reboot
    -reinstall VAMT Role
    -reboot

Does anybody has a working VAMT 2016?

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 10:37 AM
  • The VAMT Service works now for me.
    I think the GUI is just broken or absent in Server 2016.

I could also install the office KMS extensions via CLI.
    The OS Activation (Win7/Win10/Server2012/Server2016) worked with the Server 2016 HOST Key.
    No need for separate OS-KMS Key installations.

"slmgr.vsb /dlv all" Gives good information.

From Client side i could verfiy that activation services are working!

However the GUI never starts like 2012/2008 - i alwas get the wizard and the Ugly Error.

• Marked as answer by lord_discord Wednesday, March 8, 2017 6:13 PM
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 6:13 PM