play audio cd in local drive RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are using windows 7 sp1 computers as a kind of thin clients which open a full screen RDP session to a 2008r2 RDS host. Redirection of the D (cdrom) drive to the remote session works fine for data: I can open the D drive (which shows up as a kind of network drive in explorer) and browse and open files.
    Audio and video work fine. I'm using remoteFX.

audio cd's however, do not work. The files show up as 1 kB .cda files and refuse to play using media player or VLC. They simply don't start to play.

Would there be any solution to this?

Thank you!

Regards,

Brecht.

Friday, March 9, 2012 2:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In my experience, CD music cannot be played in the Terminal the session, this is by design.

I understand that it may be useful in some specific scenarios, like yours. We will forward this usage feedback to our product group.

As you know, the design and development of our product are always based on customer requirement. Our product group will analyze this issue and also hear other customers’ feedbacks to determine whether this behavior will be changed. Generally speaking, the more customers require a feature it’s more likely that the feature will be able to be implemented.

You can also submit feedback to Microsoft Connect ( http://connect.microsoft.com/ ). Your feedback improving the quality and impacting the direction of Microsoft products.

Additional information:
    RemoteFX enables the delivery of a full Windows user experience to a range of client devices including rich clients, thin clients, and ultrathin clients. RemoteFX delivers a rich user experience for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) by providing a 3D virtual adapter, intelligent codecs, and the ability to redirect USB devices in virtual machines. RemoteFX is integrated with the RDP protocol, which enables shared encryption, authentication, management, and device support. RemoteFX also delivers a rich user experience for session-based desktops and RemoteApp programs to a broad range of client devices

When you enable Remote FX roles, it automatically chooses to install remote desktop virtualization host & Core services. It’s providing 3D virtual adapter , intelligent codecs, and the ability to redirect USB devices in virtual machines.  

Regards,
    Dollar Wang
    Forum Support
    TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Technology changes life……

Monday, March 12, 2012 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In my experience, CD music cannot be played in the Terminal the session, this is by design.

I understand that it may be useful in some specific scenarios, like yours. We will forward this usage feedback to our product group.

As you know, the design and development of our product are always based on customer requirement. Our product group will analyze this issue and also hear other customers’ feedbacks to determine whether this behavior will be changed. Generally speaking, the more customers require a feature it’s more likely that the feature will be able to be implemented.

You can also submit feedback to Microsoft Connect ( http://connect.microsoft.com/ ). Your feedback improving the quality and impacting the direction of Microsoft products.

Additional information:
    RemoteFX enables the delivery of a full Windows user experience to a range of client devices including rich clients, thin clients, and ultrathin clients. RemoteFX delivers a rich user experience for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) by providing a 3D virtual adapter, intelligent codecs, and the ability to redirect USB devices in virtual machines. RemoteFX is integrated with the RDP protocol, which enables shared encryption, authentication, management, and device support. RemoteFX also delivers a rich user experience for session-based desktops and RemoteApp programs to a broad range of client devices

When you enable Remote FX roles, it automatically chooses to install remote desktop virtualization host & Core services. It’s providing 3D virtual adapter , intelligent codecs, and the ability to redirect USB devices in virtual machines.  

Regards,
    Dollar Wang
    Forum Support
    TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Technology changes life……

Monday, March 12, 2012 10:38 AM
  • thank you for your clarification.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:32 PM