SCOM 2012R2 - Exchange 2007 MP - Can't Enable! RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process of configuring a new installation of SCOM 2012 R2. The first MP I added is Exchange 2007, I downloaded the MP Guide and tried to follow the steps but I cannot enable the discoveries as indicated in the instructions. I have read multiple blogs and guides, but no one talks about my issue! This blog post has steps for enabling the MP: Exchange 2007 Management Packs do not automatically monitor Exchange servers

As instructed, I go to Authoring > Object Discoveries and then Look for the "Exchange 2007 Server Role". I can see all of the discoveries for this technology, but when I try to right-click to Enable the various discoveries, that option is greyed out. As expected, several of the E2k7 discoveries are greyed out (eg. Exchange 2007 CAS Role Discovery), as if they are disabled, but I can't enable them!

In hopes of fixing this issue, I have enabled the RMS Emulator because I thought it might be required. I also have verified that the Discovery Helper has discovered our Exchange 2007 servers (which display 'not monitored'). I have tried a launching SCOM and creating run-as account which is a domain admin. I have searched the web high and low, but found nothing!

Can you please help me enable these discoveries?

• Edited by Daren M Tuesday, April 14, 2015 10:23 PM
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 10:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It's the correct way to enable discoveries, also for monitors and rules. To enable or disable them,we should use override. We cannot enable them by right click, as we may have other requirements, such as only enable them for some groups or one object.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Wednesday, May 6, 2015 2:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Daren M Thursday, May 7, 2015 12:16 AM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 6:03 AM

All replies

• I cracked open the Overrides and it looks like I can manually enable it that way. Is this the correct way to enable these discoveries in OM12R2? It seems really odd that I can't right-click to enable like all of the instructions seem to indicate.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 10:21 PM
  • Hi,

It's the correct way to enable discoveries, also for monitors and rules. To enable or disable them,we should use override. We cannot enable them by right click, as we may have other requirements, such as only enable them for some groups or one object.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Wednesday, May 6, 2015 2:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Daren M Thursday, May 7, 2015 12:16 AM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 6:03 AM