none
Project Dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am trying to modify the project overview dashboard to include a finish variance chart/graph. Essentially the variance is defined as the difference between the current finish date and the baseline date and depending on each tasks variance they would be categorized as per below. Further to this, i would like to be able to expand each category to see which tasks fall into each category, similar to an excel pivot table. Further to this, i would also like to be able to modify the table and graph to distinguish critical items from non-critical.

Finish variance Number of task
    Negative days or 0 - 1 days 50
    1-3 days 2
    4+ days 1

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as im fairly new to the dashboard options in project.

Thanks 

Friday, April 6, 2018 10:20 PM

All replies

• Hello svolk29

In Project Pro you cannot use pivot tables. Sounds like you need to export data to Excel (click on "Visual reports" in Project Pro) and you'll get an Excel workbook with a pivot table where you can build your table and chart with drill-down.

Hope it helps.

Rene Alvarez

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:27 PM
  • Putting aside the various issues to do with the reports design, you can readily have the data that you want by using a custom group. Go to view, groups, more groups, and make a new one called "AA Groups By Finish Variance". You can define the intervals. If you run your group along with the built in critical filter, you have what you want. You can make it a highlight filter, so that it identifies the critical tasks while still displaying the noncritical tasks.

After that, sucking it into a report or a dashboard should be a piece of cake.

Have you tried groups and filters?

Thursday, April 26, 2018 7:53 AM