UAG ActiveSync Publishing Rule - WAV Files RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys...me again :)

We are currently testing ActiveSync and the UAG Publishing.  We have Cisco Unity Manager and Voicemail Integration.  Cisco sends a message containing a WAV File for Messages.

ActiveSync appears to download the message with no issues, but when trying to launch the WAV file...it generates the following message:

"The upload is blocked because the request does not contain a content-type header."

OWA retrieves this message with no issues and plays it.  Unfortunately ActiveSync does not play the message.  I have tried playing with Application Customization Tab and teh Search and Replace Using Content - Type area...but seem to be getting nowhere.

When we publish ActiveSync with an OpenBSD solution...this does not appear to be an issue...which leads me to believe that this is an issue with UAG.  I have tried creating a new message and attach a WAV file...and the same result occurs.

LEt me know if anyone has any problems with WAV Files.

Monday, June 28, 2010 4:45 PM

Answers

• Got it...After viewing the Web Monitor Logs, it helped point me a little further.  I opened properties of the Exchagne 2003 Application > Web Settings Tab > Allow POST Requests without a content-type header.

It is now working properly

• Marked as answer by JCred101 Monday, June 28, 2010 5:06 PM
    Monday, June 28, 2010 5:05 PM

All replies

• I am wondering if you can allow a POST when no content type is present:

A request for application Exchange2003 of type ExchangePub2003SP1 on trunk exchangewebservices; Secure=1 failed because a POST action without a content-type header is not allowed. The URL is /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?...

This may also be affecting our PING requests for Direct Push.

Monday, June 28, 2010 4:51 PM
  • Got it...After viewing the Web Monitor Logs, it helped point me a little further.  I opened properties of the Exchagne 2003 Application > Web Settings Tab > Allow POST Requests without a content-type header.

It is now working properly

• Marked as answer by JCred101 Monday, June 28, 2010 5:06 PM
    Monday, June 28, 2010 5:05 PM