Publishing privileges RRS feed

• Question

• While attempting to publish a new book in version 6.3, I get the following message:

Access denied: You have insufficient privileges to perform the requested operation.

While logged in as the administrator everything works fine.  I do get the option: 'File ==> Analytics Server ==> Publish Book'.  The Publish Book dialog window appears but none of the existing books or libraries are present.  If I attempt to add a library, the above message appears.  I have checked the 'PAS' database and it has my Windows login setup as a database owner.  I have also checked Analytics Server Diagnostic tool which has a check mark indicating that I am a publisher.

One thing worth noting is that this is setup on a Windows 2003 (SP2) server.  I am also getting the message when invoking the professional client: 'Microsoft Internet Explorer's Enhanced Security Configuration is currently enabled on your server'.

I have added my site to a trusted intranet site.

Through 'Add/Remove Programs', 'Windows Components Wizard' I have unchecked the  have removed the 'Enhanced Security Configuration' option.  This does not seem to have any affect on the server as after it was modified I still receive the warning messages stating that the Enhanced Security is turned on.

Thanks in Advance for any help.

Dave

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 5:35 PM

Answers

•  

Dave,

Are you sure you're connecting to the correct PAS box?  You might temporarily add the Everyone group to the Admin Role in PAS to remove security from the equation.  Also, try using a new user who is an admin and see if they see anything.

-Joey

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 8:13 PM