none
Standard Upgrade Task Sequence Question RRS feed

• Question

• So I have successfully upgraded a windows 7 machine to 10 through MDT. However I am running into a few issues. First I understand that I cannot use the media creation tool iso as the operating system in MDT. My question is how do I get an updated Windows 10 ISO? (IE. Build 1803 April 2018 Update). I have looked everywhere and cannot find one. My second question is that once my machine is upgraded to 10 I have 100% disk usage on any machine I try to do it on and I do not know why. After an upgrade is it still doing things after the fact?
    Wednesday, May 9, 2018 2:04 AM

Answers

• That would be because Media Creation Tool downloads a compressed version of the install.wim in ESD file format. There are a few ways to convert ESD files to WIM files, but I am not sure how that will work in a feature update scenario since in this case MDT relies on setup.exe to drive the process forward.

You could try the workaround described here. You could also try googling ESD 2 ISO.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

• Marked as answer by Darknms Friday, May 11, 2018 7:07 PM
    Wednesday, May 9, 2018 11:25 AM