unable to search user Skype for Business mobile apps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

my organization is upgrading from Lync 2010 to Lync 2013

the upgrade process is already completed and user already be able to use Lync 2013.

but at the moment we facing a problem with mobile device user,

when user logon to Skype for Business in their mobile, user unable to search any user in the organization.

but when user using lync 2010 mobile, search feature is functioning perfectly.

FYR, other function, like messaging or video call, is working well.

this happen in IOS and Android version of Skype for Business.

is there any way to fix this?

thx in advance

cheers,

Dayat

Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:02 AM

All replies

• Hi spikey die,

For this issue, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
    1.When you search users in SFB mobile client, please check if there are any error messages.
    2.Please try to reinstall the SFB client on your mobile device and then test again.
    3.You could also try to run the command line in SFB management shell: Update-CsAddressBook and test if the issue persists.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 31, 2017 2:01 AM
  • Can the user search another user using skype for business client on dekstop\laptop? 

RTCPedia - A Unified Communications Journey

Friday, March 31, 2017 5:26 AM
  • Hi Alice,

1. unfortunately there are no error message

2. Already re install and the problem still persists.

3. i will try and get back to you ASAP

thx

Best Regards,

Dayat

Monday, April 3, 2017 1:19 AM
  • no problem with the desktop version,

we can search user using the desktop version

regards,

Dayat

Monday, April 3, 2017 1:23 AM
  • Hi spikey die,

For this issue, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
    1.When you search users in SFB mobile client, please check if there are any error messages.
    2.Please try to reinstall the SFB client on your mobile device and then test again.
    3.You could also try to run the command line in SFB management shell: Update-CsAddressBook and test if the issue persists.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Hi Alice,

i've run the command, but the issues still persists

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 3:29 AM
  • check, what method of searhing address book are using clients?

Get-CsClientPolicy | ft identity, AddressBookAvailability

if it is set to FileDownloadOnly, then search from mobile devices can be not working.

you can create new client policy or edit your current to set AddressBookAvailability to Websearchonly:

Set-CsClientPolicy -AddressBookAvailability WebSearchOnly

MCSAnykey

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:58 AM
  • AddressBookAvailability already set to Websearchonly but problem is still there :(
    Tuesday, April 4, 2017 5:30 PM
  • Ok, i think you can:
    1. (and the most simple) check, what happened while you try to search address book from mobile client, with fiddler.
    2. Check IIS logs at reverse proxy and frontend
    3. Start-CsClsLogging and explore logs with SNOOPER.

MCSAnykey

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 6:00 PM
  • let me try firts and get back to you

thx

Monday, April 17, 2017 8:27 AM
  • ok

Regards,

Alice Wang

Monday, April 17, 2017 8:36 AM
  • 1. already use fiddler, but unfortunately SfB can't connect, since i've to specify the port that will be monitored by fiddler :( so i have to use other method for this. compared to Wireshark, fiddler is easier to read

2. on progress

3. on progress

Thursday, April 20, 2017 4:19 PM