Lync Genesys Integration - call fails when the SIP message comes without SDP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am trying to integrate Lync 2013 with Genesys. Lync and genesys agent share the same extension and they are using Lync USB phones to talk. So that means RTP flows through lync no matter if you call using the Genesys client. the integration part works fine. When we receive a call on the hotline, that call reaches the client and can be transferred in case need arises without any problem.
    The issue is with the consult transfer. A Call when initiated from a third party phone calls the hotline, it rings the genesys and lync agent and the call is picked on the lync phone and it works, when i initiate a consult transfer from the Genesys Agent to another agent, the call drops and gives a busy message on the client.
    I checked the SIP debugs and i see that when the call first lands on the Lync Server the invite header comes with the SDP.. and for consult transfer when Genesys tries to send another invite, that invite does not come with the SDP. and then i receive a reply from the FE server saying that it is a 400 BAD message.

The transfer or blind transfer when initiated from genesys works fine. The SIP message on the transfer call contains the SDP in the invite header..

Is it possible for Lync to support reinvite message without the SDP at all.

Lync and Genesys Are integrated via adding their Server that has UC Connector in the trusted app pool and also adding of their SIP Server as a PSTN Gateway on Lync..

the Genesys version is for the Contact center version 8. the genesys software used is IWS or I work Space. the Lync Server is 2013 with 3 FE Servers and HLB, Mediation server Collocated. Audio Codes 1000 gateway with E1 PRI line to Telco.
    Everything works fine from Lync client.

Let me know in case you need more details.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:05 AM

Answers

• Genesys Was able to rectify the issue by checking few options at their side and the SDP packet now comes at their end. The Parameter CPN at the Softswitch level did the trick for us. Enable SDP on reinvite wwas also checked. This Parameter was enabled for Lync 2010 Server. It seems it is still required with the 2013 Server. Thanks for your time on this.

• Marked as answer by Kunal2013 Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:12 AM
    • Edited by Kunal2013 Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:21 AM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since you added their SIP server as a PSTN gateway on Lync, please also disable refer support and change the encryption on trunk configuration.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/e33cb1bf-200e-41b8-9bdb-a591fc54eed9/call-transfer-fail-due-to-empty-sdp-offer?forum=ocsvoice

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Kent-Huang Thursday, November 28, 2013 2:48 AM 2323
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 2:48 AM
  • Hi Kent, Thanks for the reply. I already did that change. Right now the Encryption is set to optional ( have tried required and not required) The refer is set to None (Have tried the other two options in the drop down)

Media by pass is unchecked. Still i get the same issue during consult call.

When i transfer the call from Genesys agent to lync the blind transfer invite sent by genesys has the sdp message, but the consult transfer re invite does not for which the FE Server responds with bad request. I have asked Genesys to check if they can send the SDP body in the re invite message. However I just want to know if Lync 2013 Server can support a reinvite message without SDP.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 6:30 AM
  • Genesys Was able to rectify the issue by checking few options at their side and the SDP packet now comes at their end. The Parameter CPN at the Softswitch level did the trick for us. Enable SDP on reinvite wwas also checked. This Parameter was enabled for Lync 2010 Server. It seems it is still required with the 2013 Server. Thanks for your time on this.

• Marked as answer by Kunal2013 Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:12 AM
    • Edited by Kunal2013 Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:21 AM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:07 AM