Coprocessor Has No Driver & Has Yellow Mark in Device Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I just recently put Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro on my Desktop computer as I can't find my Retail Version disk of Microsoft Windows 7 Professional. I tried to download an ISO off of Microsoft using my Product Key in which it tells me that my Windows 7 Professional is pre-installed & I must contact the company that manufactured my computer. 1st off I custom built my computer in 2009 & bought Windows 7 Professional (Retail Version) on disk & the disk is in my house somewhere so how can it be pre-installed?

While running Windows 7 Professional I recently noticed a device in Device Manager that didn't use to exist or at least didn't have problems before that has appeared with a yellow triangle with a punctuation mark in it. The device seems to be called a "Coprocessor" & says it doesn't have a driver installed. When I try to automatically update the driver it tells me that a driver cannot be found. This computer that I'm on right now is the computer that I'm talking about.

This computer does have a dual processor so when I see Coprocessor the first thing I was thinking was that it's referring to the 2nd processor on this computer however that doesn't make any sense. I look in device manager & both of my processors are listed under Processors as "AMD Athlon(tm) 7850 Dual-Core Processor" and there are 2 entries under Processors for this. However "Coprocessor" is listed in "Other Devices" & I have no idea what it is because it makes no sense. I only have a mouse & printer connected to this computer.

Upon installing Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro I figured that maybe it would be able to correct the problem, however the problem still exists. The only information I can get about this Coprocessor is the following:

System
    - Provider
    [
    Name]
    Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
    [
    Guid]
    {9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}
    EventID 400
    Version 0
    Level 4
    Task 0
    Opcode 0
    Keywords 0x2000000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [
    SystemTime]
    2015-07-02T09:42:40.703706900Z
    EventRecordID 116
    Correlation
    - Execution
    [
    ProcessID]
    [
    ThreadID]
    Channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration
    Computer Nelson-PC
    - Security
    [
    UserID]
    S-1-5-18
    - EventData
    DeviceInstanceId PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03F4&SUBSYS_26021019&REV_A2\3&267a616a&2&0B
    DriverName null
    ClassGuid {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
    DriverDate
    DriverVersion
    DriverProvider
    DriverInbox false
    DriverSection
    DriverRank 0x0
    MatchingDeviceId
    OutrankedDrivers
    DeviceUpdated false
    Status 0x0

How can I find out what this "Coprocessor" is so I can get a driver for it & fix it or so I can remove it from my system? Please get back to me as I am not finding anything when I search for it in Google Search & Bing & it would be nice to resolve this problem so that my computer is up to par.

Thanks for your time,

Nelson

Saturday, July 4, 2015 12:43 AM