Why does a Content Query Web part only show Read Only files? RRS feed

• Question

• I recently set up a CQWP on the landing page of a team site as a way of showing the most recent documents going into the document library. I've tested it a few times and it works great. However, when I open the file directly through the CQWP and make changes and try to save as, SP tells me that the file is read -only. Is this correct? If so it doesnt seem like there is any point in having this - in showing users what the most recent docs are, but then not allowing them to make direct concurrent changes.

Is there a way to change this? (pref without using Designer - I'm still a beginner and the Server admin is a bit too controlling to go messing around) Are there any manual work arounds or something I'm missing?

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, April 6, 2011 10:39 AM Original Title jumpy as had three parts to it. Made into a single question.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, April 6, 2011 10:40 AM CQWP questions can go in any one of Admin; Customization or Programming (at a pinch) but not in General (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 10:17 AM

Answers