Textbox expression show/hide RRS feed

• Question

• I have a textbox which I am using as a column heading in a Matrix.

The textbox relates to the second column.

The second column is hidden until the user clicks the + (drilldown) in the first column to make it visible.

My question is, is it possible to set an expression on the textbox to show on hide it depending on the users selection in the first column. 
    Mr Shaw
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 4:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Mr shaw,

It can’t be used an expression to achieve this in your scenario, but the textbox’s visiblity also can be controled by the + (drilldown) item. You can set the textbox hidden to true and choose the + (drilldown) item as its toggleitem. Please provide more details if I misunderstand.

Thanks,

Jerry

• Proposed as answer by Jerry Nee Monday, August 3, 2009 9:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Monday, August 3, 2009 9:55 AM
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Mr shaw,

It can’t be used an expression to achieve this in your scenario, but the textbox’s visiblity also can be controled by the + (drilldown) item. You can set the textbox hidden to true and choose the + (drilldown) item as its toggleitem. Please provide more details if I misunderstand.

Thanks,

Jerry

• Proposed as answer by Jerry Nee Monday, August 3, 2009 9:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Monday, August 3, 2009 9:55 AM
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:04 AM
  • I have tried setting the visibilty based on the toggle of another item. Howeve the dropdown list does not include the data matrix column/group as an option. The dropdown list only lists another textbox which I could use to toggle visibilty.

Mr Shaw
    Monday, August 3, 2009 4:23 PM