none
String Field to Reference (DN) field in MIM (Group Owner) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have field in my SQL MA that contains employee ID, I want to map it to reference field (DN) in metaverse. But it doesn't allow me to do so. So how can I do this?

Actually, I am creating security & distribution groups on FIM portal using a SQL MA but I am unable to set group owner's and administrator field. I am trying to flow out administrator's employee id from SQL but since it is a string value so it is not allowing me to assign it to a reference value.

I'll be thankful for the response/solution.

Regards  

F.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 12:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

you need to Edit the Attribute in the SQL MA and manually set it to an Reference (DN) there.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Leo Erlandsson Thursday, November 15, 2018 7:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fahaad Majeed Thursday, November 15, 2018 10:38 AM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2018 4:23 PM
  • Hi Peter, 

Thank you for your response. You always proved to be very helpful. This solution worked but my actual problem didn't get resolved. I am still unable to fill owner and displayed owner fields while creating groups. My MA flow successfully creates all the groups but don't populate owner field.

While I flowed out Employee ID of administrator as reference (dn) field to owner and displayed owner fields of Metvaerse from SQL, and then from Metaverse to FIM portal. 

If I run the preview of my MA's synchronization, I get the following results, shown in screen shot below. I have checked the attribute precedence but it is set to equal but still it is skipping these values. 

For setting the manager of a user on FIM portal, I used the same approach and it worked. That I passed the EmployeeID of manager as reference (DN) to manager and it automatically resolved the reference. But in case of groups, it is not working. 

Please see screen shot below 

If you could help me to come out of this situation, I'll be really very thankful to you. 

F.

Thursday, November 15, 2018 10:54 AM