none
Engagement tab not visisble in 'MS Project Pro for Office 365' after activating the new Resource Engagement feature RRS feed

• Question

• A few days ago, I activated the 'New Resource Management Features Available' option in Project Online via 'Server Settings > 'Additional Server Settings'.

However, the 'Engagement' tab in 'MS Project Pro for Office 365' is not visible. How do I activate this feature in 'MS Project Pro for Office 365' ?

'MS Project Pro for Office 365' is up to date.

\Spiro Theopoulos, Montreal, QC (Canada)

Thursday, February 25, 2016 12:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

the engagement tab is only available after applying view "Resource Plan". Did you try that?

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Thursday, February 25, 2016 6:50 AM
  • Hi Barbara The Resource Plan view is not in my list of Project Pro views.

Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:10 AM
  • Hi Spiro,

In the backstage menu, did you updated Project Pro for O365 to the latest version?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:32 AM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Yes, I tried that too. I am up to date, but still no Resource Plan view in my list of views in MS Project Pro O365.

I have placed a support request with Microsoft.  They should be getting back to me shortly.  I will keep you posted.

Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:57 AM
  • Thanks Spiro.

Just to be sure: do you see the engagements contextual tab when you select the resource tab in the ribbon, as shown in the article?

http://www.senseiprojectsolutions.com/how-to-turn-on-new-resource-engagement-and-capacity-planning-capabilities/

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Thursday, February 25, 2016 12:26 PM
  • Nope, I do not see the Engagements contextual tab even when I have the Resource tab selected.

Thanks again,

Thursday, February 25, 2016 12:55 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

It may be a licensing issue.

As I mentioned, I have "my own" subscription to Project Pro for O365 (i.e., this license is not furnished to me by customers).

I use my Project Pro O365 to connect to different customer Project Online instances.

So, what I did a couple of hours ago was to go into my Office 365 Account > Service Settings > Updates > and changed it to 'FIRST RELEASE' from 'STANDARD RELEASE'.

After clicking Save, a message displayed that the changes should take effect within 24 hours.  It has been 3 hours now and I am still waiting to see new features... ZZZZzzzzz ZZZZZzzzz zzz

Thursday, February 25, 2016 10:56 PM
  • Hello Barbara,

How can i activate the dashboard tab? I'm using MS Project online 2016

Sunday, July 24, 2016 2:22 PM
  • Hi Diego,

Can you give more details?

Are you talking about MS Project for Office 365, MS Project 2016, PWA (web access of Project Online)? Moreovoer, there is no such "dashboard" tab anywhere. Are you refering to the report tab in Project Pro? Engagement feature? Dashboard app in Project Online?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, July 25, 2016 7:14 AM
  • Hello Guillaume, 

Yes I'm refering to the MS Project 2016, PWA (web access of Project Online).

How can I view the report by using what if analysis.

I have already the  Dashboard app in Project Online

Regards,

Monday, July 25, 2016 12:18 PM
  • Hi,

Same concern as in the other post: there is no such report called "what if analysis". Do have a specific reference in mind? You could use reports in MS Project Pro, or create your own report in Excel or PowerBI, but you'll have to define and then create it.

Hope this helps,

Monday, July 25, 2016 12:23 PM
  • Hello, pls let me know your email ID i will send you some picture for your quick reference
    Monday, July 25, 2016 12:54 PM
  • You can contact me via my LinkedIn profile in my signature.

Hope this helps,

Monday, July 25, 2016 12:57 PM
  • Noted Sir, I will simplified my question.

In my MS Project 2016 Online 365 account. I want to see the TAB "Analyze Cost", Pls let me know how to see that tab?

Monday, July 25, 2016 1:26 PM
  • Hello All, Pls reply my question above?
    Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:06 AM
  • Hi Diego,

Unfortunately we have no clue if you cannot tell us more. In the Project Online world, there is no such tab called "Analyse cost". There is a feature like this in the portfolio analysis module, but I'm not sure if you are refering to it. Please read this white paper about the portfolio analysis to confirm.

Then tell us where does your need comes from? Did you see that tab somewhere? Did you read it? Is it a business need  you want to implement without knowing the existing features? So without knowing if there is already something similar?

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:18 AM