Issue in importing certificate for macros in Word2013 in Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a certificate for digitally signing a Word document with macros. I was successfully able to import the certificate and use it in Word2007 in Windows XP. But I am not able to use the same certificate in Word2013 in Windows 7 Premium. The certificate was issued by 'Verisign Class 3 Code Signing 2010 CA'. The certificate was successfully imported in my local. But when I try to add it to my Word document using Tools->Digital Signatures, I am not able to see the certificate I imported. When I click "Choose" button, I am getting the following error.

"No usable signing certificates are available. Please insert your smart card or contact system administrator to obtain a signing certificate."

Someone please help resolve this issue in Windows7. Is the vendor not compatible with Word2013 or Windows 7 ?

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 10:50 AM

Answers

• Hi  bvidhyaa,

First, you can try importing the certificate to the Windows 7 system, and then open the Word document to see the result.

To import a certificate:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/import-export-certificates-private-keys#1TC=windows-7

Besides, It’s a VBA signing certificate by Verisign Class 3 Code Signing 2010 CA, I suggest to confirm this with the certificate maker about whether it can be used in a Word 2013 version, because just as the error indicates “No usable signing certificates are available”.

For any other issue, you can post it back.

Regards

Wade Liu
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Wade__Liu Sunday, September 7, 2014 4:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by EMMmmmmmm Thursday, September 11, 2014 10:56 AM
    Sunday, September 7, 2014 4:05 AM

All replies