none
Compatibility IE10 RRS feed

• Question

• Heya!

So I've been using the GPO "Turn on Internet Explorer 7 Standards Mode" along with "Turn off Compatibility View Button" for one of our old webapps to work, but now we updated it and i dont need to force people to use Compatibility mode anymore.

So I turned off these GPO's (tried both "Not Configured" and "Disabled") but people still don't get the "Compatibility button" back and they still have the IE7 Compatibility mode turned on.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Best regards
    /Mike

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

how was the site 'fixed'?

don't you mean "Display Intranet sites in Compatibility View"..... rarely (if ever) would "Display all sites in Compatibility view" be configured.

see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288325(v=vs.85).aspx

Rob^_^

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 1:04 AM
  • Forgot to mention we are using Win2k8 server as AD server.
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:34 PM
  • Hi,

Please refer to the reply by Rob and see how it works.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:14 AM
  • I probably proposed my question in the wrong way or in the wrong thread. There is nothing wrong with any of our sites, the problem i am having is that i can't get the "Compatibility button" back in the IE10 browser, it's gone on every computer joined in our domain. And the "Compatibility view" under Tools is greyed out, also everything in "Compatibility view Options" is greyed out.

/Mike

Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:45 AM
  • The sites work well if i connect to them with another browser or when im outside our domain so i get to view the sites in the newest standards.
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:48 AM