none
Missing Projects in Project Web App RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, I am having a headache trying to import a SharePoint Tasks list into PWA. 

The Import and Project creation jobs ran successfully, but the problem is that I cant see projects in Project Center.

Here are my observations:

1. I can only see the created projects in the list on the Delete Enterprise Objects page.

2. On the Delete Enterprise Objects page, under the Version column I notice that "Working" is displayed for the missing projects.  

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 7:06 PM

All replies

• Hello,

From project pro, open the project/s and publish those projects, they should then be visible in PWA.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 7:24 PM
  • Hello Paul,

I've tried to open the projects through project pro with a PWA connection but still cant see projects. 

After i clicked "File" -> "Open" and selected my PWA connection and clicked "Browse", I still could'nt see any of the projects.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 7:55 PM
  • Hello,

Once added to Project Center it should appear after the jobs complete, see the steps here:

https://pwmather.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/creating-and-adding-projects-to-projectserver-2013-ps2013-sp2013-office365-part-2/

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 11:27 PM
  • Hello Paul,

I'm unable to add the project to Project Center.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 2:25 PM
  • Can you explain the steps you took when you say:

The Import and Project creation jobs ran successfully, 

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:52 PM
  • Sure Gary,

This is the scenario.

I have an existing SharePoint tasks list that I want to add to PWA.

I have tried accomplishing this task using two methods:

By using the Get Started Project Web App Web Part:

1. I clicked on Create or import projects on the Get Started with Project Web App Web Part.

2. On the Create a new Project page, I clicked Add existing SharePoint sites to Project Web App.

3. On the Add SharePoint Sites to Project Web App dialog box, I selected the check box next to the site that contains the task list I want to include in Project Web App.

4. I typed in a project name in the Project Name column for the selected row.

5. In the Tasks List column for the selected row, I chose the task list from the SharePoint site that I want to include in the Project Center.

6. I clicked Add to add the task list to the Project Center using the project name you specified.

A following dialog box appears that tells me that the site is being created remains open forever unless i close it, then i go to project center and I do not see any new projects at all.

From within Project Web App:

1. On the Quick Launch in Project Web App, under Projects, click Project Center.

2. On the Projects tab, in the Project group, click Add SharePoint Sites.

3. On the Add SharePoint Sites to Project Server dialog box, select the check box next to the site that contains the task list you want to include in Project Web App.

4. In the Project Name column for the selected row, type the project name that you want to use in Project Web App for this connected SharePoint task list.

5. In the Task List column for the selected row, choose the task list from the SharePoint site that you want to include in the Project Center.

6. Click Add to add the task list to the Project Center using the project name you specified.

The same thing happens, a dialog box appears telling me to wait while project is being created. After a long wait I would have to close the dialog manually. 

Then the new project does not appear in the list of projects in the Project Center Web Part.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 4:09 PM
  • Very strange. Can you create a new SharePoint list project from the New button in the Project Center? Are you able to create a new Enterprise project using the New button? Have you tried using a freshly created SharePoint site? Do you see any Queue errors?

This testing should help narrow the source of the problem. It would also be good to harvest the ULS log for the time of the failure, which should be withing seconds or a minute of the time that you click to add the site.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I should add that just because the dialog doesn't respond, doesn't mean that the system did not work. Happens from time to time.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:23 PM
  • Hi,

extending Paul's recommendation, open the project in project professional, you have two radio buttons

Store Working 0 and Publiched 0. Select working and see if you find your missing project.

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Monday, April 18, 2016 6:13 AM