none
Formatting not working for rolled up milestones RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Project Standard 2013.  I have a number of projects set up, and have then created a master project that links these (I checked the Link to Project box, and inserted as read-only).  I wanted to show 3 key dates on each on the subprojects, so expanded them one at a time, selected the milestones I wanted to show and rolled them up to the summary bar.  I then want to colour code these milestones, so selected them one at a time, clicked Format Bar and changed the fill and the colour.  This works for some of them but not for others.  On the ones that are not working, the Sample box at the bottom shows the formatting I want, but when I click OK it has not changed the Gantt chart.

Can anyone help?  I'm going through the same process for each subproject and just can't see why this doesn't always work.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 7:53 AM

All replies

• What happens if you try "Calculate Project" or save close and reopen the plan.
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:01 PM
  • Hi:

Your requirement is the rolled up miliestones should be different color and pattern in the summary task. I observe you have formated each rolled up milestones and that might be reason for some it works.

I would suggest you reset the formatting for the rolledup milestones (double click those bars and click Reset). Then, use the Format tab > Format ... Bar Styles dialog. In this dialog, change the style of the row labeled *Rolled Up Milestone using the Bars tab at the bottom. This change will apply the settings for all rolled up milestones on the summary task.

If the milestone is not rolled up to the summary task, check if the Rollup is checked (General tab) in the summary task.

Regards

Sai, PMP, PMI-SP

Sai PMI-SP, MCTS Project

Saturday, July 20, 2013 4:17 AM