Error 3051 RRS feed

• Question

• Error 3051: "File Opened Exclusively By Another User" When Starting.

OK, I have found a program that our company uses that I cannot get to work with Steady State.

It works fine as long as the user is an administrator with open access.

But as soon as they are "Steady Stated" the account switches to “limited” and the program cannot access the default mdb file it uses.

I have tried giving “unrestricted” access in GP but still get the error.

When I right click on the file and check the properties it says “read only” and is it is gray. I uncheck it and it is checked again when I check the properties. Is there a way around this?

I have scoured technet but I do not have a security tab to allow the user access to the file.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 9:02 PM

Answers

• Hi IMtheHORSE,

What's the name of your program?

Based on my research, this issue can be caused by the following factors:

1. One or more database (.mdb) files are read-only.

2. You do not have sufficient permissions to use the .mdb file.

To check whether this issue is caused by SteadyState, we can create a new limited user profile from Control Panel -> User Accounts, and then log on with it to check.

For your information, under Windows XP Professional, you need to disable Simple File Sharing to show the Security tab

--------------------

1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.

2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.

3. In the Advanced Settings section, clear the Use simple file sharing (Recommended) check box. Click OK.

If the system is Windows XP Home Edition,  please press F8 when the computer starts and boot into Safe Mode with an administrator account to access the Security tab.

Best Regards,

Monday, October 29, 2007 5:33 AM