Sent, Drafts and Deleted from Outlook 2013! RRS feed

• Question

• I realize this is a TECH NET site but people using Outlook 2013 with IMAP accounts are NOT GETTING ANSWERS anywhere.

Please tell us where to go where someone will do something about the chaos this is causing.

I have no Sent, Deleted, or Drafts folders.  None of the suggestions have worked. It could be right in front of my eyes but no one seems to know how to tell me how to do reinstate these folders properly.

Lana

Friday, November 22, 2013 5:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can post any technical questions about Outlook that is installed on a Windows OS in this forum.

Do you mean the Sent, Deleted, or Drafts folders disappeared from your Outlook?

Are you using Gmail with IMAP? If so, please logon your Gmail Webmail and check if you have hided these labels in IMAP. The setting is under Settings > Labels. Make sure the check box before these option are ticked.

Also check the MVP's suggestion to see if it helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:20 AM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 4:41 AM
  • One of my Forum friend, was written to me about stop synchronizing after update. He was find that KB2817640, KB2837643, KB2837618 are connected and they are responsible for stop synchronize IMAP Account.

Can You check it by your self? I do not have this UPG.

Oskar Shon, Office System MVP - www.VBATools.pl
    if Helpful; Answer when a problem solved

Monday, November 25, 2013 9:38 AM

All replies

• Probably you folders are not synchronize well. Try to set your account in Outlook ones again.

Before it set in your configuration/more/advanced/connect limit to max.

Saturday, November 23, 2013 2:08 AM
  • Hi,

You can post any technical questions about Outlook that is installed on a Windows OS in this forum.

Do you mean the Sent, Deleted, or Drafts folders disappeared from your Outlook?

Are you using Gmail with IMAP? If so, please logon your Gmail Webmail and check if you have hided these labels in IMAP. The setting is under Settings > Labels. Make sure the check box before these option are ticked.

Also check the MVP's suggestion to see if it helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 25, 2013 4:41 AM
  • One of my Forum friend, was written to me about stop synchronizing after update. He was find that KB2817640, KB2837643, KB2837618 are connected and they are responsible for stop synchronize IMAP Account.

Can You check it by your self? I do not have this UPG.

Monday, November 25, 2013 9:38 AM
  • Same problem; no "Sent", "Drafts", or "Deleted"  folders . All 3 are ticked / checked in IMAP settings. This is a new installation of office 365, so when it imported emails from Gmail, well, it left the "sent mail" behind.

Outlook with Windows 7 was great; with Windows 8 it proved to be  unreliable because it caused emails to get lost and or self duplicate at an uncountable rate. So I removed Office and got it reinstalled

Without these three folders this version of outlook is unuseable.

How does a download via MS account arrive broken?

Saturday, March 15, 2014 2:54 PM