none
Can not start task scheduler services on server 2016 standard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I tried to start task scheduler services on Windows Server 2016 Standard but have failed many times (Error 1058). The start up setting is set to "automatic", but it does not run. The errors are shown below, is there anyone who have encounter the same problem? please help, thanks guys!

• Edited by The Lan Wednesday, June 19, 2019 6:06 AM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:55 AM

All replies

• hi,
    1we can try to find which process stop "task scheduler"service
    2 download and install process monitor v3.5 on server 2016
    3 Open the process monitor, press “Ctrl+E” to “suspend” it, “Ctrl+X” to clear present process information. 
    4 Press “Ctrl+E” to start the process monitor again.
    5 enter services.msc in command prompt and find
    "task scheduler"service and start it
    6 when "task scheduler"service stop ,then Press “Ctrl+E” to “Suspend” it again then save the present log(Ctrl+S).  save all event as logfile.pml 
    7 go to the event view\system and look if there information about
    "task scheduler"service   stop information.
    8 according the error or information time about
    "task scheduler"service in system log,open the logfile.pml to check which process to stop "task scheduler"service

Process Monitor v3.52
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 20, 2019 10:09 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply.

However, I encountered 1 problem: when I open "event viewer", another error appears. It said MMC cannot initilize the snap-in"; and I could not start it. Please advise to me, I would be very appriciated.

Friday, June 21, 2019 10:09 AM
  • hi,
    do you want to view "local computer" event log or "another computer" event log by using MMC like picture?

10 can you enter below command in command prompt(open as admin) on problematical computer ?
    sfc scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

11 can you tell why you need to use mmc to open event viewer ?
        in general ,if you want to open local computer event log ,we use win+r then eventvwr to open it.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 8:00 AM
  • hi,
    I have received your problem picture about your issue ?
    I find a solution about your issue .can you backup or snapshot your server first and try below solution from document .
    Event Viewer may close or you may receive an error when using Custom Views
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4508640/event-viewer-may-close-or-you-may-receive-an-error-when-using-custom-v

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Monday, July 1, 2019 11:51 AM
  • hi,

Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 10:55 AM
  • hi,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved a problem using our solution, please "mark it as an answer" to help other community members quickly find useful responses.

If you solved the problem with your own solution, would you like to share your experience and solution here? For other community members who have similar problems, this can be very helpful.

If not, please reply and let us know the current situation so that we can help further.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Friday, July 5, 2019 2:59 AM
  • Hi,

I apologize for the late reply, I have been busy with my other jobs.

I have tried many different methods, and I was able to open the Task Scheduler just by resetting my computer. However, I still cannot open Event Viewer and it always shows the error like in the picture I emailed you.

Is it possible for you to remote control my computer and try to find out why the Event Viewer cannot start? If possible, I will be working again next Monday (08 July) from 8:30am to 5:30pm (GMT+7). I will be checking on this forum and my email everyday. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you, 

Friday, July 5, 2019 9:19 AM
  • hi,
    Is it possible for you to remote control my computer and try to find out why the Event Viewer cannot start?
    we can not provide remote service in technet forum. if you want remote service ,you need to open a case through below link.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/contactus81?forceorigin=esmc&Audience=Commercial&wa=wsignin1.0

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Saturday, July 6, 2019 10:44 AM