none
New-SPProjectWebInstance and ServiceApplication RRS feed

• Question

• The Powershell Command New-SPProjectWebInstance doesn't allow me to specify under which Project Server Service Application I want to create my PWA site. Project Server chooses the Service Application by itself, and I am yet to figure out what the logic is here.

Is there a way I can make New-SPProjectWebInstance create the PWA site under a specific Project Server Serviced Application?

Thanks! Anand

Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Anand

you will use the New-SPProjectWebInstance against a specific Web Application when you specify the URL.

The Web Application is referencing the Service Application via the Service Application Proxy and there is the association between the web application and the service application in central administration under "Service Application Association".

Regards

Christoph

• Marked as answer by Anand Saha Thursday, February 28, 2013 3:21 PM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:45 PM
  • HI,

If you have multiple Project service application, then under "Configure Service Application Association" make the service application as default where you want to provision PWA.

Monday, December 3, 2012 3:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Anand

you will use the New-SPProjectWebInstance against a specific Web Application when you specify the URL.

The Web Application is referencing the Service Application via the Service Application Proxy and there is the association between the web application and the service application in central administration under "Service Application Association".

Regards

Christoph

Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:45 PM
  • HI,

If you have multiple Project service application, then under "Configure Service Application Association" make the service application as default where you want to provision PWA.

Monday, December 3, 2012 3:58 AM