Event ID 30039 LS User Replicator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks

We are trying to add AD contacts to the Lync Server Address Book. We are currently running the Lync Hosting Pack deployment of Lync and therefore the contacts we create need to have their msRTCSIP-GroupingID and the msRTCSIP-Tenantid set correctly so they show up in the correct searches for the correct tenants. We have also found that you need to give the contact a sip address before it replicates. The issue we are seeing is that when we make a change to the msRTCSIP-TenantId attribute sometimes the object makes it to the Lync Address book and other times it doesn't. When it doesn't we see the following event log warning:

A Tenant ID attribute value was changed, deleted, or added for an existing user in the database. Resolve the conflict by restoring the original value or deleting the user from AD.

The DN of the user whose Tenant ID value User Replicator tried to replicate is:
    CN=xxx,OU=xxxx,OU=xxxxx,DC=xxxxxx,DC=xxxxxxx
    This update came from domain:
    domain.local
    Cause: Typically caused by manual modification of msRTCSIP-TenantId attribute value instead of using management tools
    Resolution:
    Restore the original value of msRTCSIP-TenantId attribute or delete the user from AD. You may use Dbanalyze to diagnose the problem.

We are assuming here that once the object resides in the Address Book database that this attribute cannot be changed, is this the case and can anyone suggest a way around this?

Just to add to this the number is in e.164 format and doesn't need normalising.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Adam

Friday, August 24, 2012 9:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Sean

You actually can, remember I am talking about AD contacts and not personal Outlook contacts here. I know personal contacts can be retrievied by the Lync client and also other Lync enabled users, but we had a specific scenario which called for a tenant who doesn't have his Exchange with us to have RNL working for a bunch of contacts. We simply gave them access into our AD via our control panel and they created Exchange contacts that would of been seen in their GAL had they hosted their exchange with us. They also had a requirement to keep these contacts used for RNL only to remain completely seperate from their email contacts. Unfortunately these contacts were not replicated to the Lync address book and by the methods I mentioned above the contacts succesfully got replicated. To get around the error on my original post for the benefit of others, we simply altered the LS User Replicator polling interval from 1:00 minute to 10 minutes. This way we had time to run our scripts after the contacts were created which added the correct attributes including tenantid and grouping ID and this worked a treat. It would seem that once the object gets replicated into the address book and if it doesn't have a tenantid at that point you can no longer manipulate it the way we wanted to. This works a treat now!

Thanks

Adam

• Marked as answer by Adam42 Monday, August 27, 2012 7:37 PM
    Monday, August 27, 2012 7:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't think you can add the contacts to Lync Server Address Book through changing the AD contacts' attribution. If the Tenant has exchange server, adding the contacts to exchange Mail contact. The lync client can search the contacts from Exchange address Book.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, August 27, 2012 9:21 AM
  • Hi Sean

You actually can, remember I am talking about AD contacts and not personal Outlook contacts here. I know personal contacts can be retrievied by the Lync client and also other Lync enabled users, but we had a specific scenario which called for a tenant who doesn't have his Exchange with us to have RNL working for a bunch of contacts. We simply gave them access into our AD via our control panel and they created Exchange contacts that would of been seen in their GAL had they hosted their exchange with us. They also had a requirement to keep these contacts used for RNL only to remain completely seperate from their email contacts. Unfortunately these contacts were not replicated to the Lync address book and by the methods I mentioned above the contacts succesfully got replicated. To get around the error on my original post for the benefit of others, we simply altered the LS User Replicator polling interval from 1:00 minute to 10 minutes. This way we had time to run our scripts after the contacts were created which added the correct attributes including tenantid and grouping ID and this worked a treat. It would seem that once the object gets replicated into the address book and if it doesn't have a tenantid at that point you can no longer manipulate it the way we wanted to. This works a treat now!

Thanks

Adam

• Marked as answer by Adam42 Monday, August 27, 2012 7:37 PM
    Monday, August 27, 2012 7:37 PM