How to split partition IN Windows 8? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to split partition in windows 8. But I don't know how?  Does Partition Wizard useful?
    Monday, October 28, 2013 7:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1. Right click in the bottom left corner of your desktop screen.

2. Choose an option "Disk Management".

3. Click on the "C:" drive under the "Volume" category to select it.

4. Click on the "Action" menu, select "All tasks," and then click on "Shrink Volume."

5. Enter the amount of drive space you wish to remove from the "C:" drive. You can also use the arrows to select that amount. Then click on "Shrink." In the next step, you will use this space to create the new partition. You cannot, of course, remove more space from the "C:" drive than the amount of unused space on it.

Ex: If your "C:" drive's total capacity is 100GB, and you have already saved 60GB of data on it, you will only be able to shrink that partition by a maximum of 40GB.

6. Right-click on the grey box with the "Unallocated" label and choose the "New Simple Volume" option. This unallocated space is the space you have removed from drive "C:." You will now have to turn it into a new partition which your computer can use to store data.

7. Click on "Next," once the "New Simple Volume" wizard has opened. Choose the amount of drive space, the drive letter and the name of the partition. Then click on "Finish." Your computer will now format that space and create your new partition. You will be able to see that new partition, along with its new drive letter, in the "My Computer" folder of Windows Explorer.

refer below steps.

http://techstrick.blogspot.com/2012/07/split-drive-into-2-or-more-partitions.html

Regards,

MD Disclaimer: The opinion expressed herein are my own knowledge. Deploy this at your own risk. Whenever you see a helpful reply, just click on “Propose As Answer” / “Marked As Answer” and please do "VOTE".

• Proposed as answer by Daniel Engberg Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy Qi Wednesday, November 6, 2013 5:17 PM
    Monday, October 28, 2013 7:59 AM