none
Hyper-V reverse replication fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I setup two hosts with Server 2019 and enabled certificate based replication on both.

Failover between primary and secondary host works fine. However when I reverse the replication I get this error message:

Hyper-V could not replicate changes for virtual machine 'Lubuntu_test' as Hyper-V is not in a state to accept replication on the Replica server. 

I have to remove the entire VM on the primary in order to have it succeed. This causes a lot of wasted bandwidth.

Both servers are in a different datacenter. I forwarded port 443 in the firewall.

If I create a new replication from secondary to primary host, it works fine.

What gives?

Monday, December 2, 2019 12:34 PM

All replies

• This is a quick note to let you know that I am currently performing research on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience.
    If you have any updates during this process, please feel free to let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 9:36 AM
  • Hi,

Please try to use the following steps:

On both Hyper-V Hosts run this two cmdlets (start Windows PowerShell as Administrator)

Enable-PSRemoting
    Enable-WSManCredSSP -Role server

Next run this commands

Set-Item WSMan:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts -Value "fqdn-of-hyper-v-host"

Enable-WSManCredSSP -Role client -DelegateComputer "fqdn-of-hyper-v-host"

fqdn-of-hyper-v-host enter the fqdn of remote host. Example: on your primary host run this commands with fqdn of your secondary host. 

You will also need to configure Group Policy (gpedit.msc)

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Credentials Delegation > Allow delegating fresh credentials with NTLM-only server authentication

Click Enable and add wsman/fqdn-of-remote-hyper-v-host.

Run gpupdate in PowerShell or Command Prompt.

Test reverse replication with unplanned failover. This will only work if local administrator account has the same password on both Hyper-V Hosts. 

Hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm current situation.

If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please be kind enough to "mark it as an answer" for helping more people.

Regards,
    Daniel

Monday, December 9, 2019 8:03 AM