Convert Meeting Room to User Account RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning

I am looking for a method to convert a Meeting Room to a normal User account, without losing any booked meetings.

Is it OK simply to disable-csmeetingroom and enable-csuser to the same account?

Thanks

Monday, June 20, 2016 1:14 PM

Answers

• Hi, 

Personally have not configured LRS system but since we consider it as just another Lync endpoint you should be able to login, but Meeting room features and conference features should be bound to that LRS device. 

Linus

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Saturday, July 9, 2016 5:40 AM
    Monday, June 20, 2016 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

We will not be able to convert as the meeting room once disabled  will loose all lync related  attributes and also they are mapped to a shared mailbox type scenario where the meetings are stored. So converting that to a normal SFB account will create a fresh account. 

Linus

Monday, June 20, 2016 2:13 PM
  • OK - if that is the case, can you tell me if I should be able to sign into the Skype client as that account? 
    Monday, June 20, 2016 2:28 PM
  • Hi, 

Personally have not configured LRS system but since we consider it as just another Lync endpoint you should be able to login, but Meeting room features and conference features should be bound to that LRS device. 

Linus

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Saturday, July 9, 2016 5:40 AM
    Monday, June 20, 2016 3:00 PM
  • Agree with Akampa

we cant convert LRS meeting room account as Lync user account, only option is remove and enable it for lync account. in this process you will loose all the scheduled meeting data.

once it enabled for Lync account you can login as normal user account.

Regards, Raju

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:08 PM