Transport Rule RRS feed

• Question

• i have a requirement, need to create a rule and wondering how to configure as i don't see any option as required on HUB transport or forefront client.

scenario: Exchange 2010 with forefront 2010

External mail id like : user@gmail.com or user@yahoo.com

requirement :

above external recipient if sends to exchange specific users keeping in TO,CC or BB having more than 3 recipients with exception of few exchange users should be blocked or deleted.

external user might try to send mail to many members but we want if any external domain users sends email to more than 3 recipient should be blocked.

Please let me know if any more clarification is required further. Thanks!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 5:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am sorry to say there is no such configuration you can set.

Allen

Allen Song
    • Marked as answer by Allen Song Friday, November 26, 2010 9:03 AM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 2:15 AM

All replies

• More than 3 recipients,  you want to block the message? Why on earth? What problem are you trying to solve?

Thursday, November 18, 2010 2:20 AM
  • These 3 users are directors of the companies where a employee uses personal ID who is frustated with the management(particular folk) and directly sends email to the top peoples insulting or having complains for the same.

Thats fine if the email is sent to individual but what if a companies has more than 10 directors who are scattered around the world and busy in business and i believe not everyone should recieve emails at the same time cos it might worry them and so on.....

i was wondering if there is any kind of rule which could drop or redirect the message and also some recipient(inside the organization) should bypass that rules cos it would effect the internal domain recipients too. I haven;t seen in Exchange as well as in forefront.

i knew what i asked intitally would feel little senseless to create such but letting know you the scenario hope you agree to what i require or do you have any other solution which could satisfy my needs.....?

Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:53 AM
  • Hi,

I am sorry to say there is no such configuration you can set.

Allen

Allen Song
    • Marked as answer by Allen Song Friday, November 26, 2010 9:03 AM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 2:15 AM
  • Hmn...i knew but was wondering any idea via powershell......if not no worry.......anyway thanks for reply.

Friday, November 26, 2010 10:58 AM