none
User not appearing in Skype for Business search RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

I'm having an issue with a user. He is a re-hire user meaning that at some point his account was disabled. We re-enable his account and for the most part everything is working fine.  The only issue is that he does not appear when searching his name in skype. he does appear when typing his email address (user@domain.com).

so far, I make sure he has his license, he is enabled in skype for business server.

do you guys have any idea?

Thank you,

Friday, April 26, 2019 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Shirac,

Do you mean when others search the user in SFB client, they could not find the user?

As you know, when you create a SFB user, it need some time to update in the address book. Usually, it takes 24 hours to update. For this issue, I suggest you could follow the steps to update the address book:
    1. Run Update-CsUserDatabase to update user information from AD to RTCab
    2. Run Update-CsAddressBook to update addressbook to SFB FileShare folder.
    3. Exit the SFB client and clear the cache files in the PC, wait about 1 hours then check this issue again. 

In addition, you could also try to set the client policy as websearchonly for this user, then check this issue again. You could run the following commend to create the policy:
    New-CsClientPolicy -Identity Web -AddressBookAvailability WebSearchOnly
    Grant-CsClientPolicy -Identity user@domain.com -PolicyName Web

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 29, 2019 6:01 AM
  • Hi Shirac,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 8:05 AM