Call forwarding to mobile issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Here is the route

External calls in to a response group - agent picks up the call - then agent transfer the call to another users mobile number in the company. Call is instead transferred to Users Skype client.

we tested it on 3 persons, only one was successful transferred to the mobile number.

They have all same voice policy and Mobile number is on the same attribute in AD:

On the voice policy call forwarding and simultaneous ring is set to PSTN usage.

Is this a known issue?

We have latest CU6 for our Lync servers and all clients also has latest updates.

Thanks!

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Monday, September 21, 2015 10:26 AM

Answers

• Hi There is an issue with Skype client UI on transferring calls. Please see this blog

http://www.skypeadmin.com/2015/08/14/issue-skype-for-business-client-will-not-perform-transfers/

although not specifically your case, it may be a common issue. Please test and let me know.

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

• Marked as answer by Off2work Monday, September 21, 2015 12:35 PM
    Monday, September 21, 2015 11:05 AM

All replies

• Hi There is an issue with Skype client UI on transferring calls. Please see this blog

http://www.skypeadmin.com/2015/08/14/issue-skype-for-business-client-will-not-perform-transfers/

although not specifically your case, it may be a common issue. Please test and let me know.

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

• Marked as answer by Off2work Monday, September 21, 2015 12:35 PM
    Monday, September 21, 2015 11:05 AM
  • Good afternoon,

Are you please able to advise if the fact that the call initially comes in as a Response Group call actually has any bearing on the problem. I.E, do you still have this 'call transfer to mobile' problem if the initial call comes into a users DDI rather than being answered as part of a response group? - this needs ruling out.

The 1 person (of the 3) that is able to transfer to mobile successfully - is this every single time? and do the problem users fail every single time, or is it intermittent per call?

Depending on the above, is the call actually trying to get out but hitting something quirky on the SBC / gateway like a misconfigured LDAP or manipulation rule which bends it back inside?

Please rule out some of the above by choosing to transfer and then manually typing in the mobile number rather than selecting it from the menu or drop down - does this still fail?

Kind regards
    Ben

Note: If you find a post informative, please mark it so using the arrow to the left. If it answers a question you've asked, please mark the thread as answered to aid others when they're looking for solutions to similar problems or queries.

Monday, September 21, 2015 11:45 AM
  • Thanks Mark, this was the issue. We use right click and then mobile number from the menu.

If you hover user and use Phone icon, then mobile number it works!

Glad to know its a bug :D

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Monday, September 21, 2015 12:35 PM