none
ProjectExceededItemsLimit Error RRS feed

• Question

• How to handle ProjectExceededItemsLimit  Error ?

While updating the project owner using UpdateProject() function, this exception is thrown.

Pleas tell me how to resolve it ?

Can i update only project details table without updating the whole project data set?

Thursday, April 23, 2015 7:45 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Check the following: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/websvcproject.project.queueaddtoproject(v=office.12).aspx

PSI can not process more then 1000 rows at a time.... Maybe it's your case

Jeremy

• Proposed as answer by Jeremy Cottino Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:06 PM
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:06 PM
  • Yes..It is the same case.

And i am aware of this limitation but i need a solution for the same.

How can i restrict the number of rows ? so that they don't exceed 1000.

Basically i just need to update one single column of "Project" table in "projectDataSet". But, since it updates whole data set at once it captures all the rows in all the tables, and the number of rows exceeds 1000.

Is there any way ho handle such situation ?

Friday, April 24, 2015 4:51 AM
  • Hello,

I don't have available instance to test it, but maybe you can try to split your ProjectDataSet creating and empty one, filling with data up to 1000, run the update and loop back for remaining updated info...

Not sure if it's applicable, please keep me updated

Jeremy

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 7:19 AM
  • hello,

Don't you think that if we split the ProjectDataSet by creating an empty one and filling it upto 1000 rows only, and then updating project with this dataset, will lead to data loss.

Since, in normal case updating the project with QueueUpdateProject() function overwrites the original dataset for the project with the newly provided dataset to the function. Thus, the rows beyond 1000 may get deleted since we are updating the project with a dataset which is having less than 1000 rows whereas original project might had lot more data than that ?

Any views ?

Abhishek

Thursday, April 30, 2015 4:27 AM