Error Event: 351, Driver Response Time Degraded RRS feed

• Question

• In Windows 7 Home Premium, in the control panel, Performance Information and Tools\Advanced Tools, I had an item listed under Performance Issues that I followed up in the Event Viewer.  Advanced Tools gave me a window stating that ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver is causing Windows to resume slowly.  This is my graphics card driver obviously, and is noting that its 'Time Taken' is 7.8 seconds.  In Event Viewer, the Error says the "driver responded slower than expected to the resume request while servicing this device" and lists the Device Friendly Name as Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A37.  I tried following this up with the Event Log Online Help but it says there are no results found for that search.  By the sound of "responded slower than expected to the resume request" makes me want to assume there are IRQ's from the graphics driver and the USB driver interfering with one another although I'm not sure.  Any suggestions?
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 3:39 AM

All replies

• I'm experiencing the same problem. The event log gives me this message: This driver responded slower than expected to the resume request while servicing this device:
         Driver File Name        :    \Driver\WUDFRd
         Driver Friendly Name        :    Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Reflector
         Driver Version            :    6.1.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
         Driver Total Time        :    2342ms
         Driver Degradation Time    :    2277ms
         Incident Time (UTC)        :    ‎2011‎-‎07‎-‎30T07:45:05.961032900Z
         Device Name            :    WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_GENERIC-&PROD_MULTI-CARD&REV_1.00#00000#
         Device Friendly Name        :    RTS5121LUN0    
         Device Total Time        :    2342ms
         Device Degradation Time    :    2277ms

I  can't find a solution for the problem. Suggestions?

Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:15 PM