Unmountable_boot_volume error code 0x0000006 RRS feed

• Question

• Alright, now I know what error code I have and I understand that in order to fix the problem I need to get into the recovery console.  I also know that it is possible to access a command prompt via Safe Mode.  But here is the dilema... I cannot get into the recovery console; it starts out all right, but then it just freezes.  I have even come onto the Windows site and downloaded another SP3 just in case mine is damaged, and it still isn't working.  I have tried to access safe mode in all different aspects, even tried restoring back to a time when it last worked and have gotten nothing but the continuous "Blue Screen" error information, and it hasn't changed a bit.  So, how do I fix this now, or is it a lost cause?

• Edited by DKilthau Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:18 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:17 PM

All replies

• In the past I have fixed this issue by taking out the hard drive out of the computer and connecting it to another, then run disk check on it for errors.  Try that and see what happens.
    Thank you! Computer Repair Kissimmee
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:32 PM
  • enter the safe mode, uninstall the applications from add or remove programs. The applications that usually cause BSOD are Antivirus, System maintainance etc.
    Regards, h9ck3r.
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:25 PM