none
eglobal.sql script which creates the Enterprise Global [2007] RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In case of EG corruption without any Administrative Backup (that's not me :) where can we find and run the eglobal.sql script which created the Enterprise Global?

Thanks

Sunday, August 15, 2010 5:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

it may vary due to used language, but you should be able to find in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Sql\Project Server\CORE\1033. Note: I have experienced that Enterprise Calendars are lost after rebuilding eglobal, so make an administrative backup of calendars before rebuilding eglobal with this script and restore them afterwards.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Sunday, August 15, 2010 6:43 PM
    Sunday, August 15, 2010 5:46 PM
  • In addition to save your Enterprise Calendars: you are aware of that you need to save enterprise views, tables, filters, reports, groups, modules, ...  by copying them to an MPP file? And put them back after restoring?

Good luck!
    Barbara

Sunday, August 15, 2010 5:56 PM
  • Hi,

no, you will find it on your Project Server Server (even if a SQL directory is included in the path.) It may differ when default installation path was changed while installing. And of course the language path: 1033 for English (1031 for German, ...)

Not able to find?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Monday, August 16, 2010 8:39 AM
    Monday, August 16, 2010 8:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

it may vary due to used language, but you should be able to find in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Sql\Project Server\CORE\1033. Note: I have experienced that Enterprise Calendars are lost after rebuilding eglobal, so make an administrative backup of calendars before rebuilding eglobal with this script and restore them afterwards.

Regards
    Barbara

Sunday, August 15, 2010 5:46 PM
  • In addition to save your Enterprise Calendars: you are aware of that you need to save enterprise views, tables, filters, reports, groups, modules, ...  by copying them to an MPP file? And put them back after restoring?

Good luck!
    Barbara

Sunday, August 15, 2010 5:56 PM
  • Barabara,

Thank you very much for all these wise advices.

Sunday, August 15, 2010 6:43 PM
  • Just one more question:

When EPM 2007 is installed on two servers : one for SQL Server 2005, one for Project Server 2007 and WSS 3.0. On which server is this eglobal.sql script? I think it would be on the SQL Server but I don't find it.

Thanks again

Monday, August 16, 2010 8:29 AM
  • Hi,

no, you will find it on your Project Server Server (even if a SQL directory is included in the path.) It may differ when default installation path was changed while installing. And of course the language path: 1033 for English (1031 for German, ...)

Not able to find?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Monday, August 16, 2010 8:39 AM
    Monday, August 16, 2010 8:35 AM
  • And 1036 for French !

THANKS a lot Barbara, I found it !

Monday, August 16, 2010 8:39 AM
  • Definitely, I have a lot of questions about this eglobal.sql:

I tried to load it in one of my servers with SQL Server 2000, but I got the error message:
    The file ....CORE\1036\eglobal.sql contains a long row, which exceed the 64 K limit.
    So, how to run this script?

Thanks again

Monday, August 16, 2010 8:51 AM
  • Uuups, just searched for that. There is a limitation with SQL2000. I have no experience with that and also no environment to check behaviour. Hopefully someone else can help on that? I suggest to ask a new question "how to run eglobal.sql on sql 2000", ask a the question in SQL Server forum or ask Microsoft support?

Sorry!!!!!!
    Barbara

Monday, August 16, 2010 9:14 AM
  • Barbara,

I got this answer from Ramesh:

Open this SQL script on Note Pad or any Text editor and break line which is long row.

It seems that the application has generated the SQL script without any line break.

Monday, August 16, 2010 2:19 PM
  • Hi,

great! I found something similar when searching the internet. But I didn't want to provide any advice I couldn't verify before ;-)

Good luck!
    Barbara

Monday, August 16, 2010 2:22 PM
  • HI ALL

YOU KNOW WHEN RUN THE EGLOBAL.SQL SCRIPT ON PROJECTSERVER_PUBLISHED OR OTHER DATA BASE ABOUT PROJECT SERVER 2007 ????? SOMEBODY HELP ME !!

Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:26 PM
  • Hi Erick,

run this on Published DB (if you try on another DB, you will get an error anyway). Make sure that you perform all steps as documented at http://www.projectserverhelp.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=58, especially a back up of your environment and everything mentioned in this discussion.

Good luck!
    Barbara

Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:45 PM
  • Hi Barbara.

I found a article where he show the issue with eglobal and SP2 of Project Client, so recently  microsoft have avaiable SP3 Project Server and Project Pro, and it is solving the problem with the  EGLOBAL corruption.

http://msprojectresources.blogspot.com/2009/07/enterprise-global-issue-with-microsoft.html

in the article don't say about SP3 but in my testing environment i tested this Service Pack and it is solving de issue, so is not neccesary to run the EGLOBAL.SQL

Erick Gutiérrez PMI Membership #ID 2089740 MTCS - Microsoft Project Server Managing Projects
    Friday, November 4, 2011 3:32 PM