Changing Theme Colors and accents RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I am using Word 2007 and would like to change the colors that appear when you hit the Font Color button. I know how to change the Standard colors as you can edit a theme and they change but I cant seem to actually change all the colors where the accents of standard colors are. I know this can be done as a client had them all changed across all Office 2007 at a previous job.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Vince

Monday, September 1, 2014 1:50 AM

Answers

• You can't change the standard colors that you see under "Standard colors" (for example by clicking the arrow on the Font button on the Home tab).

What you can do is modify the colors via Page Layout | Theme Colors (or you can switch to a theme with different colors via Page Layout | Themes).

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 10:38 PM
  • The colors called "Accent 1" etc. are the theme colors.

Thursday, September 4, 2014 8:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'd like to assist you in this question but now I'm not quite sure what the request is. Your first question is easy to answer and you seem to have known how: We can edit a theme, select a color and set it as default from HOME tab -> Styles -> Change Styles -> "Colors" and "Set as  Default". We can find the details in this article below:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/word-help/change-the-default-theme-HA010204550.aspx

Once you select the Color, you will see it when you click the "Font Color" button.

What I'm not sure about is "but I cant seem to actually change all the colors where the accents of standard colors are". If I go to HOME -> Styles -> Change Styles -> Colors -> "Create New Theme Colors", I can select and choose the Accent colors as I want, the color in the Sample on the right side will reflect the change as well:

We can also find more colors when we select a color and find the "More Colors" option in the bottom.

If I didn't get your point, please feel free to let me know and if possible, provide more details such as a screenshot to help me understand the question better. If you can't upload pictures in the forum, you can choose OneDrive:

https://onedrive.live.com/

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.
    Tuesday, September 2, 2014 5:48 AM
  • You can't change the standard colors that you see under "Standard colors" (for example by clicking the arrow on the Font button on the Home tab).

What you can do is modify the colors via Page Layout | Theme Colors (or you can switch to a theme with different colors via Page Layout | Themes).

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 10:38 PM
  • Thanks for the help.

After a lot of hours configuring the a .thmx file I managed to add custom colors like so. But a client assures me that the accent section of theme colors can be changed, as she had had this done at another job.

I have uploaded the image to one drive.

Thank you again

Vince

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 11:16 PM
  • Hi,

Would you please share the image with us? By a link from OneDrive.

Regards,

Melon Chen

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 8:08 AM
  • The colors called "Accent 1" etc. are the theme colors.

Thursday, September 4, 2014 8:34 PM
  • Apologies,

Here is the link

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=99C30C96DC1E6072&id=99C30C96DC1E6072!106&v=3

Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:18 PM
  • Hi,

I can't find the image through the link. Anyway I'll mark Stefan Blom's reply as answer, If you find it not helpful, you can come and unmark it.

Regards,

Melon Chen

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 5:50 AM