none
DPM 2010 Secondary Server Error ID 33119 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to set up a secondary DPM server which will protect data being backed up on a primary DPM server. I installed the agent on the primary DPM server and when I try to create a protection group, I can expand the primary DPM server and Protected Servers, but I cannot expand the names of the protected servers. When I click on a server name listed under Protected Servers, I get the following error:

DPM was unable to get the list of data sources on 'protected_servername' that are protected by the primary DPM server 'PrimaryDPMservername.'

Make sure 'PrimaryDPMServerName' is protecting the data sources for which you want to set this DPM server as the secondary server. If the problem persists, restart the DPMWriter service on 'PrimaryDPMServerName.'  ID: 33119

I restarted the DPMWriter service on the Primary DPM Server. I also rebooted both the Primary and Secondary DPM servers without success.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:50 PM

Answers

• When I had this error I found that for some reason the DPM Writer and DPM Access Manager services were set to disabled on the primary DPM server...once set back to auto and started the secondary server was get the list of data sources
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Are the protected datasources clustered? If so, you need to expand the cluster name under the primary DPM server then setting up a protection group on the secondary, do not use the protected servers tree.

Thanks,

Marc

• Proposed as answer by MarcReynolds Monday, May 9, 2011 6:37 PM
    Friday, April 29, 2011 12:15 PM
  • Hi Marc,

Thanks for your answer. The protected datasources are not clustered, they are individual file servers.

-Carolyn

Monday, May 9, 2011 8:28 PM
  • When I had this error I found that for some reason the DPM Writer and DPM Access Manager services were set to disabled on the primary DPM server...once set back to auto and started the secondary server was get the list of data sources
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 5:39 PM
  • Unfortunately, it didn't help. DPM Writer and DPM Access Manager are started, but error is persists.

Yuriy

Monday, June 16, 2014 7:10 AM