Why we do not have a HTML editor? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue with emails from specific US customer who sends me messages with font "SimSun". Even if I respond such messages with my own styles set, I see my styles lost prevailing customer's format in the Sent Items box. 

It appears that my customer edit emails in the Word, which add several unnecessary HTML codes. However, because Outlook does not offer an HTML editor I have to use this rudimentary CTRL+A, CTRL+C, CTRL+V using new Word document then paste the new formatted text in a new message.

It is ridiculous.  Even in the very old Outlook Express, it was possible to edit HTML source codes. 
    Wednesday, June 7, 2017 1:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Rogerio,

In Outlook 2013/2016, we can do the following steps to view source code of html email body:

1. Open an html email message that you want to view the source code of its body.
    2. In the Message (HTML) window, please click Actions > Other Actions > View Source in the Message tab. See screenshot:
    3. After clicking View Source, a text document will be opened immediately with the source code of the html email body displaying inside.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 9:34 AM
  • Hi Winnie,

Thank you for your input. However, the idea is not view the source code, but edit it during composing because there are things that Outlook does (or does not) that our own style disappear and it prevails the style from the previous message (that one I am responding to). See screen shot below.

Rogerio

Thursday, June 8, 2017 11:36 AM
  • Hi Rogerio,

Sorry for my delay.

Based on my knowledge, there is no build-in setting to direct insert HTML code to edit message body when creating new email in Outlook. 

Maybe some Outlook Add-ins are needed for insert HTML in Outlook. For example: use Bells & Whistles for Outlook: it adds an “Insert HTML” button to your Outlook email editor, making it extremely easy for you to select a HTML file and insert its HTML code to your Outlook email.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 10:10 AM