none
Project Server 2013 Task Reassignment Privileges Off? (Works in Timesheet) RRS feed

• Question

• Version: Project Server 2013

I'm trying to give our users access to reassign tasks.  I turned on "Reassign Task" on the Global Permissions and gave them security to "Assign Resource" on all their categories.

I've tested this, and the "Reassign" feature is available and working then they are on the "Timesheet" page, but it is grayed out and gives the message:
    "This control is currently disabled.  You might not have the right permission level to use this, you might need to select an object or item, or the control might not work in this context."

Again, the same task is available to be reassigned in Timesheet though.

My guess is that this is a Security Permission issue, because my account which I am the Administrator and Owner of the project, I can reassign tasks on both pages.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Justin

It's me

Thursday, May 15, 2014 4:35 PM

Answers

• Actually I found the answer myself while working on providing more access to users.  Once I gave users access to add new task in the category permissions, the ability to Reassign was available in the task page.

It's me

• Marked as answer by Justin TCM Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:13 PM
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:13 PM

All replies

• Actually I found the answer myself while working on providing more access to users.  Once I gave users access to add new task in the category permissions, the ability to Reassign was available in the task page.

It's me

• Marked as answer by Justin TCM Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:13 PM
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:13 PM
  • Hi Justin,

Just for your information, as far as I know, the "assign resources" is not necessary for using the "reassign task" feature. The "reassign task" global permission is enough.

To be sure to understand your issue, the "reassign task" button is available for you as admin or project owner, but not for users which you granted the "reassign task" permission to? Am I right?

You are talking about global permissions but did you add the "reassign task" to the groups permission the users belong to?

Silly question, but do the users have select a task before trying to reassign it?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:17 PM
  • Hello Guillaume,

I agree.  I wouldn't have expected the "assign resource" would or should have any effect on reassigning of a task.  So I first only granted the "Reassign Task" in the global permission for the group the user was in, and verified that the global permission for the user itself was not denied.

Yes, the reassign task permission was available to admins or Project owners

Yes, users (I, during testing) was selecting a task before trying to reassign it.

It's me

Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:22 PM