none
Google ical calendar fails constantly (0x90740119) "The operation failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error."

Question

• I have my Google calendar synch'd to Outlook 2010 using ical (Account Settings | Account Settings | Internet Calendars).  It constantly stops updating.  In the past I've deleted it, re-added it and then it works...for about 2 weeks.  Then stops again.  It's painful when I don't notice it until I miss something on the Google calendar.

The error is in the title.  I don't know if this is a Google calendar issue or Outlook issue.  i have other ical calendars synch'd and they work fine.

I've had problems with Google calendar synching for years.  I'm just finally fed up enough to ask for help.

Monday, March 13, 2017 7:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does it sync if you select the calendar and click the Update folder button under Send/Receive tab?

>>I don't know if this is a Google calendar issue or Outlook issue.  i have other ical calendars synch'd and they work fine.

According to my knowledge, subscribing to google calendars is indeed sometimes buggy, I've noticed several threads discussing synchronization issues when subscribing to google calendar in Outlook. It would probably be better if you used a utility to do a 2 way sync. You may contact the support of Google Calendar to confirm whether there is any workaround for this.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:17 AM
  • It does not.  In fact, when I notice that a new event on the Google calendar isn't on my Outlook calendar the first thing I do is to Send/Receive All Folders.  That's when I notice the "Send/Receive error" in the lower message bar of Outlook.  Clicking on that brings up the error window mentioned in the title.
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 12:40 PM
  • Thank you for the update.

Is it possible to add the ical calendar to your mobile devices to see whether this issue will happen?

Do you have any other Google calendar? We may also test to see if this issue continues with other subscribed Google calendars in your Outlook.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:42 AM