Not Enough Free Resources, Code 12,PCMCIA RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed a Ricoh PCMCIA to PCI interface card drive,and as it seems the installation of this interface  was succesful, but when I placed a vodafone PCMCIA card into the interface and when i tried to install it, Windows(xp) reported Code 12. I've tried to disable some devices but the problem did not solve so it probably isn't what I and Windows think it is...

Thanks!
    Tuesday, November 21, 2006 7:58 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem. 

After doing a clean re-install of windows my Sony Ericsson GC89 Edge modem now fails with a 'This device cannot find enough resources that it can use. (Code 12)' error.  I also have a Ricoh PCMCIA to PCI interface factory installed in my Samsung NP-M50 Laptop

I have tried uninstalling, re-installing etc. but no luck there.

On the microsoft support site it says:

Code 12
    This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)
    Recommended resolution

Two devices have been assigned the same I/O ports, the same interrupt, or the same Direct Memory Access channel (either by the BIOS, the operating system, or a combination of the two). This error message can also appear if the BIOS did not allocate enough resources to the device (for example, if a universal serial bus (USB) controller is not an interrupt from the BIOS because of a corrupted Multiprocessor System (MPS) table).

You can use Device Manager to determine where the conflict is and disable the conflicting device. On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting

This is not helpful as in fact the resources tab says 'This device is not functioning and is not using any resources' (or something very like that) therefore no other devices have any conflicts listed.

I have started a thread about this problem on BleepingComputer.com as well.

What is the make and model of your Vodafone card? Is it made by Sony Ericsson?

I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 on Pentium M 2GHz processor with 2Gb of RAM
    Saturday, January 12, 2008 7:07 PM