none
Non-working days disappear from the calendar RRS feed

• Question

• I have set up a general template to be used with new projects and this is based on a calendar which includes the UK bank holidays up to 2030.  However, non-working time keeps "disappearing" from the calendar - sometimes its Easter, sometimes the May Bank holidays, etc.  There does not seem to be a pattern.  A colleague has also noticed the same problem with some of her live projects. 

I have printed reports to prove that I have set up all the bank holidays correctly however when I access the template (which only I can currently edit as it is stored locally) a couple of days later, some days will have disappeared.

Is it because we are setting too many exceptions?  Is this a known bug?  Is there a way to fix this?

M.L. Pate

Monday, August 11, 2014 8:28 AM

Answers

• Following this link, the limit is 15,000 exceptions per calendar.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

• Marked as answer by mlpate64 Thursday, December 10, 2015 3:32 PM
    Monday, August 11, 2014 3:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Which version and SP are you working with? Maybe 2030 is a bit too far, you should do it only if you are planning projects until this date.

Following this link, PS2013 SP1 increases the number of exceptions allowed in a calendar.

Note that you can use recurring exceptions in your calendar to limit the number of exceptions. See this post on my blog.

Hope this helps,

Monday, August 11, 2014 1:48 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for replying.

We are using MS Project Standard 2010, Version 14.0.7128.5000 (32 bit) SP2.  I have used recurring exceptions as the only "variable" non-working days are Good Friday and Easter Monday.  Whilst we aren't planning projects into the next 16 years, our projects do extend for 4 or 5 years.  Is there a recommended limit to how far our exceptions should be planned?

Regards,

Margaret

M.L. Pate

Monday, August 11, 2014 2:14 PM
  • Following this link, the limit is 15,000 exceptions per calendar.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by mlpate64 Thursday, December 10, 2015 3:32 PM
    Monday, August 11, 2014 3:09 PM