none
Tracking Movement of Dates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Apologies if this isn't the forum for such a question, but as it's arisen from projects held within Project Server I am justifying it :)

Is it possible to track the movement of dates within a plan (i.e. slipping to the right), without comparing against a set baseline?

We have project plans with Concept tasks that often move, we want to see how they have moved, but we do not baseline a project at that stage.

Any direction appreciated.

Thanks

Thursday, June 28, 2018 1:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Can I ask why you don't use the baseline? It seems like you need it so I think you should consider it.

That being said, if you need to see how tasks move, you have to use baseline. Otherwise, you could copy dates into custom fields but this is how baseline works.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, June 29, 2018 10:42 AM
  • Ribbon, Project, Set Baseline, and then select to "Set Interim Plan". Select what you want from the dropdowns.

Friday, June 29, 2018 12:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can I ask why you don't use the baseline? It seems like you need it so I think you should consider it.

That being said, if you need to see how tasks move, you have to use baseline. Otherwise, you could copy dates into custom fields but this is how baseline works.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, June 29, 2018 10:42 AM
  • Ribbon, Project, Set Baseline, and then select to "Set Interim Plan". Select what you want from the dropdowns.

Friday, June 29, 2018 12:28 PM