how to find and replace a regkey to enable OAuthUsed value for EWS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I want to enable OAuthUsed reg value if 0 to change to 1 for all Skype enabled users, is there a powershell method available that anyone can recommend?

since this is under someones HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\user.name@sipdomain.gov.au\

i am finding it difficult to complete without my brain exploding :D.

or if there is a GPO or method elsewhere i will be very grateful.

thankyou

C

Monday, October 8, 2018 1:32 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

What did you want to enable the OAuthUsed from 0 to 1?

If you want to enable Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for your users, you do not need to do that, the registry key you want is AllowAdalForNonLyncIndependentOfLync

See: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3082803/info-about-the-allowadalfornonlyncindependentoflync-setting-in-skype-f

If not, based on my research, it cannot be achieve it by GPO. Because the user’s sip address is dynamic.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 1:58 AM
  • hi Leon,

i want to make the change as it seems to be the way to get EWS working on devices that are on the internal network.

i understand a gpo may not work as its in a unique regkey location, which is where my question of a find-n-replace for regkey values in powershell was brought up as a hopeful solution someone may assist with

cheers

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 2:01 AM
  • Hi,

If you want to troubleshot EWS issue, you could refer to the following link.

http://www.uclabs.blog/2013/01/lync-and-exchange-web-services-ews-and.html

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:48 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates for this issue, if the reply is helpful, please try to mark it as an answer,  it will help others who have similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Monday, October 15, 2018 9:29 AM