none
HealthVault Encounter vs Appointment RRS feed

• Question

• 1. What is an Encounter and how is it intended to be different to an Appointment?

2. On my HealthVault app (IOS) I can see 'Encounters' but not 'Appointments'. Online I can see 'Appointments' but not 'Encounters'.  I have populated past appointments in the online version of HealthVault so it is irritating to not be able to see them on my app. Can I view my Appointments on the app? Likewise can I view 'Encounters' online? 

Just to be clear, Encounters on the app does not contain any info (I thought that possible an Appointment online was an 'Encounter' on the app - not so

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 11:35 AM

All replies

• Encounter is more like your health history. In HealthVault, it is typically coming as data import from hospital. Appointment is generic purpose, but for future schedule. 

Each application supports different data type for different purpose, unfortunately. 

Takashi Moriyama | Senior Program Manager | Microsoft Health

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 7:23 PM
  • that's all well and fine but you didn't really answer the most important part of the question.  Why aren't appointments showing on the app any longer

Dr's always want to know when you last had this or that appointment...appointments helped there

Monday, January 22, 2018 4:58 PM