none
machines going through ESP again after receiving 1903 RRS feed

• Question

• hi, currently experiencing strange problems in 2 environments where some machines get triggered to go through enrollment status page again when they upgraded to 1903.  enrollment status page errors out on the user setup part.

in both cases there's only one deployment profile, one time for hybrid ad joined and one time for AAD joined scenario

automatic enrollment is set to all in both

the update ring gives a couple of errors each with state details 2016281111 and error code 0x87d1fde9 for the system account whereas the ring gives status succeeded for the regular user account who enrolled the device

not really an idea how or what can cause this, did anyone experience the same?

Friday, September 27, 2019 8:59 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Before upgrading to 1903, did the computer go through the ESP successfully?

Based on my experience, if the ESP has already been failure for the first time, it would show up again after upgrading.

For the error code 0x87d1fde9, based on this article, it means Not applicable for this device. 

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 30, 2019 6:24 AM
  • hi andy,

Yes it did work before upgrading. what I don't get is why the ESP gets triggered again after the upgrade and never completes to leave the device useless

tx

Monday, September 30, 2019 6:31 AM
  • I expierence exactly the same behaviour / issue. No matter what I configure in the Autopilot ESP, it's just showing. Even completely disabling the ESP doesn't work. I would really like a solution for this.

Friday, November 8, 2019 11:29 PM