Explorer crash problem.....!need help.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey.I have a problem witch  is very serious://..My explorer of windows vista crashes and restarts when i open a folder without reporting a problem ..More analytically my pc works fine..i start windows and all is fine..my internet connection -msn- mozilla -antivirus and generally open all programms works fine.!But when i try to open a folder -control panel -my computer  etc, after 3-5 sec the system  explorer crashes and  restarts, closing the open folder(not programms)..And it dosent report an error or something else just it closes and opens like nothing s happens.Also i restored my pc in a period that it was working fine but it still has problem

i am using windows vista home premium 6.0.6001  x 32 bit and i have karspersky internet security 7 original and my pc is new
    plz help this is very serious problem and i dont want to format!!!
    (sorry for my english is too bad)!!
    Sunday, October 26, 2008 3:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This behavior may be caused by an incompatible or corrupted module that is loaded by Windows Explorer. I suggest that you check Event Log. Launch 'evenrvwr" in Start Search box, and check the log Windows Logs\Application Log. You may find that which component Windows Explorer crashes on. Then, find this component and rename it.

Another useful tool is ShellExView. 

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/shellexview.html 

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Run ShellExView, in the pane sort the entries with manufacturers. Disable all non-Microsoft *.dll files, and check the result. If the issue does not occur, one of the files can be the culprit. We could narrow down it one by one.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This behavior may be caused by an incompatible or corrupted module that is loaded by Windows Explorer. I suggest that you check Event Log. Launch 'evenrvwr" in Start Search box, and check the log Windows Logs\Application Log. You may find that which component Windows Explorer crashes on. Then, find this component and rename it.

Another useful tool is ShellExView. 

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/shellexview.html 

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Run ShellExView, in the pane sort the entries with manufacturers. Disable all non-Microsoft *.dll files, and check the result. If the issue does not occur, one of the files can be the culprit. We could narrow down it one by one.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:21 AM
  • ShellExView - Yonk!

Friday, October 31, 2008 2:07 AM
  • Hi i have a similar problem, except mine crashes each time i close a folder, this was the msg i got from the event logger

"Faulting application Explorer.EXE, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x47918e5d, faulting module iefdm2.dll_unloaded, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x474aaf90, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x03d516d3, process id 0x1564, application start time "

Appreciate the help

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:40 PM